Chitogel Limited is a medical device company offering a clinically-proven hydrogel that improves patient outcomes following endoscopic sinus surgeries and other potential applications. We have our headquarters and a EN ISO 13485:2016 certified manufacturing facility in Wellington, New Zealand.
Our first product to market is the Chitogel® Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Kit, which was launched in the United States of America and New Zealand in 2019. For the United States, we have a sales, marketing and distribution partnership with Medtronic.
Chitogel® supports critical wound healing by combining chitosan, dextran and glycerol — all derived from natural resources.
Many patients with chronic sinusitis whose conditions fail to respond to medical treatment and require surgery to return their sinus cavities to normal. Chitogel® is a postoperative hydrogel nasal dressing that can be applied to sinuses after endoscopic sinus surgery. It has been proven in clinical trials to address a number of the traditional sinus surgery shortcomings:
- Separates tissue or structures compromised by surgical trauma
- Reduces frontal, sphenoid and maxillary ostial stenosis
- Controls minimal bleeding by tamponade effect, blood absorption, and platelet aggregation
- Reduces adhesion formation between mucosal surfaces in the nasal cavity
- Enhances wound healing and addresses patient comfort
- Clears naturally post-surgery with nasal irrigation